TEMPLE OF GARNI
6 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT
In 1679, the Temple was destroyed by a strong earthquake and renovated again only in 1966-1976.
No one knows the former name of Garni Temple.
The Temple of Garni was a summerhouse for Kings and Queens.
The word 'Garni' comes from the Armenian word “gar”, meaning 'lamb'.
The Temple of Garni won an award by UNESCO for its history and construction.